Although JCPenney stores are temporarily closed due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, our flagship store, jcp.com, is open 24/7. This means our associates in JCPenney eCommerce logistics and customer care centers continue to work on the frontlines to ensure our customers’ online orders are delivered safely and efficiently during this challenging time.
Nothing is more important to us than our associates’ wellbeing, and we have taken a number of steps to safeguard the health of those who are not able to work from home. For example, we’ve:
- Separated and adjusted workstations in our facilities to ensure safe distancing, placing reminder signage and six-foot physical markers on the floors in cafeterias, breakrooms, and near associate time clocks. We’ve also increased ventilation in our distribution centers.
- Increased our cleaning and sanitation processes, including cleaning high-touch areas every two hours during operation, cleaning restrooms more frequently, propping doors open where appropriate, and providing hand sanitizer throughout the building.
- Staggered breaks, lunch, and some start times to avoid having too many associates in one place and reduced the group size of all necessary meetings.
- Reduced customer care hours of operation to 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EDT and significantly increased our work from home capability.
- Encouraged associates to stay home when they are feeling sick, and temporarily waived our attendance policy.
- Provided associates covered under a JCPenney medical plan with expanded Coronavirus (COVID-19)-related services and waived fees should they contract the virus.
- Temporarily expanded our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counseling benefit to all active associates (not only those covered under a JCPenney medical plan).
JCPenney is also paying associates for their scheduled shifts if a facility is temporarily closed due to a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as paying associates if they have had direct contact with a confirmed case of the virus and must self-quarantine for 14 days.
While our stores, business offices, and other facilities are closed, we are extremely grateful for our courageous supply chain and customer care associates who are demonstrating such dedication to our customers each day. And, thank you to our loyal customers who continue to shop our flagship store, jcp.com.