The health and safety of our Customers and Associates are a top priority, and our thoughts are with those impacted by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic. Since it first surfaced, our teams have been monitoring the situation closely and taking every precaution to keep our Customers, Associates, and our communities safe.
With the effects of the outbreak being felt more each day, we wanted to reach out and share what we have been doing so you can continue to shop at JCPenney with confidence.
- Our stores are cleaned daily, and we recently increased the frequency of cleaning throughout the day with a focus on high traffic areas of the store.
- We’re encouraging all Associates to take common-sense health precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), such as frequent hand washing or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol to stay healthy.
- Customers can also utilize our convenient services such as Buy Online, Pick up in Store available in all stores, and Style on the Go Curbside Pickup, in select locations.
- And while we appreciate the incredible dedication of our Associates, we’re reminding them to stay home if they are sick and to use our paid time-off options so that they and their families do not suffer financially.
- We have also implemented strict domestic and international travel policies and limited the size of group meetings for our Associates and vendor partners to prevent the spread of illness.
- In addition, we have expanded our work from home options to provide associates additional flexibility if they are feeling unwell and support if they are affected by the virus.
All of these safeguards and precautions are made with you in mind. They are based on recommendations from local, state, and federal health officials whose experts are working tirelessly to safeguard our health. We will continue to follow guidance from health agencies and government officials to maintain a safe and engaging shopping experience for everyone.
Thank you for shopping at JCPenney. We look forward to continuing to serve you in our stores, online at our flagship store jcp.com, or through our mobile app.
Chief Executive Officer